Some expenses of entrepreneurs in the travel industry compensate
On October 6, 2020, a resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers was adopted "On support of the tourism industry entities and the development of tourism infrastructure in the economic situation caused by the coronavirus pandemic," the Norma.uz portal reports.
The document was adopted as part of the execution of the Presidential Decree "On urgent measures to support the tourism sector to reduce the negative impact of the coronavirus pandemic" and the Presidential Decree "On additional measures to develop the tourism sector in strict compliance with the requirements of an enhanced sanitary and epidemiological safety regime."
According to the document, the tourism industry entities will be reimbursed for part of the interest expenses on loans exceeding the basic rate of the Central Bank, but not more than 10 percentage points:
- for the period from June 1, 2020 to January 1, 2022, on previously issued loans for the construction of accommodation facilities;
- on loans issued to bring them into compliance with new sanitary and hygienic standards;
- for the period from June 1 to December 31, 2020, on loans issued to replenish working capital in the amount of up to 1 billion soums.
In addition, interest expenses on previously issued loans for the construction of accommodation facilities for the period from March 1 to June 1, 2020 are reimbursed in full. These subsidies are allocated regardless of the number and volume of loans from the tourism industry entities, as well as the number of compensations that were previously issued and (or) issued.
The resolution also approved the Regulation on the temporary procedure for granting subsidies to cover part of the costs of tour operators, travel agents and accommodation facilities. So, subsidies are allocated:
- tour operators - to reimburse part of the costs of air and rail tickets;
- for tour operators and travel agencies - for each foreign tourist brought to Uzbekistan and served;
- accommodation facilities - for accommodation services (hotel services).
The document approved:
- Temporary regulation on the procedure for reimbursing part of the costs of certain types of activities of the subjects of the tourism industry for the implementation of preventive anti-epidemiological measures;
- Regulations on the procedure for certification of tourism entities and infrastructure, as well as the provision of services that are safe from the point of view of sanitary and hygienic requirements;
- Regulations on the procedure for the formation and use of funds from the Safe Tourism Fund under the State Committee for Tourism;
- Regulation on the procedure for collecting for entry into the tourist zones of the Republic of Uzbekistan by vehicles.
In addition, software for modern parking lots created in tourist zones, equipment for payment transactions will be financed from local budgets.
The income received for entering the tourist zone is distributed as follows:
• 80% - to a special account of the Tourist Zone Directorate;
• 20% - to the local budget.
The State Committee for Tourism was instructed to publish on its website information about the recipients of subsidies and grants within a month.