The President outlined 4 priority tasks in the field of education
On June 16, a video conference dedicated to the priorities of the higher education system was held under the leadership of Shavkat Mirziyoyev, the press service reports president.uz.
At the meeting, it was noted that the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education and the rectors do not pay enough attention to the issue of improving the quality of education. For example, 55% of today's 815 destinations do not meet the requirements of the labor market.
For this reason, the head of our country pointed out 4 priority tasks for the development of the education sector:
- Increase the role of the governing boards of higher education institutions and expand the powers of departments;
- Adapt the learning process to the requirements of the market, ensure continuity of production and create an environment in which students can work on themselves;
- Increase the scientific potential of universities, the development of science and innovation;
- Reduce paperwork for teachers and students and dramatically reduce red tape and corruption by digitalizing the industry.
- It should be emphasized that in our country, large-scale work is being carried out in the field of education in order to improve the skills of training personnel. For example, over the past 3 years, the number of universities has increased from 65 to 117, the number of admissions has increased from 66 thousand to 181 thousand. The average salary of professors and teachers has also increased by about 3.5 times.